Previous Post Next Post

22 Comments

• Reply Sara Stevens

I have never missed a year of dressing up for Halloween (before or after kids). Finally on my 40th bday year, I was Wonder Woman. I made my costume.

September 23, 2017 at 6:27 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

You have a perfect record – love it! What was your favorite costume from childhood? Sounds like Wonder Woman might win for grown up! And that you made it – you are a rock star! Be sure to share your costume (and your kids’) with us this year. So is it safe to assume that you voted COSTUME!!!!

September 25, 2017 at 2:17 am
  • Reply mary N

Full costume! But I am “that mom”. I belt it out in the car, dance in stores, etc. Life is worth living!

September 24, 2017 at 3:04 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

You are making my heart happy! Love it! Sing, dance, wear costumes and live! Applause, applause!

September 25, 2017 at 2:15 am
  • Reply Sara Stevens

To answer your question about my favorite costume as a kid, it would be a costume my parents bought me at Metrocenter Mall. I was Spiderella. A spider queen! This costume was was $50 ! . I was 10 years old so this was a super deluxe costume 30 years ago for that price. I remember crying as I held it when my dad paid. $50 was a lot for us. It meant the world to me that my dad bought it for me.

September 25, 2017 at 4:54 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Metrocenter Mall! We are from the same area of Phoenix! MY BFF and I begged for months to get permission to ride our 10 speed bikes (matching orange) to Metro! Finally our Moms said yes! Remember Batter Up? The ice rink down below?

That is SUCH a beautiful memory and so generous of your Dad to get you the costume you wanted. Yes, that was a lot of money back then – he must have known how much it meant to you. That is so sweet – what a wonderful day that must have been. Love the good Halloween memories.

Can’t wait to see your costume this year – a hint? Just a small one?

September 25, 2017 at 6:44 pm
  • Reply Randee Beimer

I try to get my kids to join in on a family costume. The last couple of years haven’t worked but this year we have a plan!
    Oh, and a couple of years ago we’re were all super heros. That was fun!

September 25, 2017 at 3:18 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

I can’t wait to see pictures! Sounds like a great Halloween plan. Any hints as to what the family costume will include? We’d love to see your family as super heroes! Maybe tag us in a #tbt post? @active.moms on IG or @activemoms on FB! I think I’m going to wear my costume from last. year – I haven’t dressed up in forever and it was really fun! Maybe this Halloween I’ll have my BFF do some cool makeup to go with my costume – it is supposed to be a old fashioned lady of the court 🙂

September 25, 2017 at 6:41 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth S

The whole family dressed up every year, and I’m talking my in-laws, my husband’s siblings ( there’s 4 of them plus their partners!) and the kids! We do family themes as well so last year it was skeletons, the year before was pirates, and this year we’re all going as food! We also try to make our own costumes if we have the time and well patience haha!

September 25, 2017 at 11:40 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

That is wonderful and sounds like SO much fun! What a fun-filled family tradition – makes Halloween a million times more special for everyone! I LOVE it!

And FOOD this year! Amazing! Any hints as to what you will be? Will you tag us in your photos? If I could be any food, I would be chips and salsa – wonder how I could make that happen?

Keep us posted of the progress with the costumes and can’t WAIT to see!

September 26, 2017 at 7:49 pm
  • Reply Sara Stevens

My costume this year will be an animal. The first year we moved into our home I think I scared the neighbors. My house was decorated. I made a crow costume I read in a Halloween magazine. Since it was a new development, we didn’t get many kids. I didn’t have any kids but was dressed up and decorated. I sat on my porch handing out candy to the few kids that came. I was talking to neighbors. They did get a kick out of me dressing up but there was always the question asked “Do you have kids?” Um, not yet. I just LOVE Halloween.

September 26, 2017 at 10:51 pm
  • Reply Sara Stevens

The one year I was Miss Piggy, I was so disappointed the kids who were trick or treating didn’t know who I was. The parents though gave me high fives! Haha

September 29, 2017 at 12:39 am
  • Reply Heather Webster

I’ll just be wearing jeans when I go with my kiddos. I wore costumes when my kids were younger and they wanted to do a family theme, but now that my oldest has reached the ripe old age of 8 & 10 she would prefer that I just let them with the costumes. But who knows, maybe my kids will change their mind and be in a family theme mode again this year.

September 30, 2017 at 5:50 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

I’ve been hearing about family themes – sounds so fun! We never thought of that! What were all of you?

So you are jeans then this year. Another vote for jeans – good thing too because Moms in costumes are in the lead! I haven’t cast my vote yet. Trying to decide if I will redux my last year costume – it was the first time ever I’ve dressed up with the kids for Halloween – I liked it more than I should have I fear!

September 30, 2017 at 6:01 am
      • Reply Heather Webster

If you and had fun dressing up last year then I’m sure you’d have a blast this year! What would you wear if you wores a different costume than last year?

October 5, 2017 at 5:23 pm
        • Reply Katrina Sherk

I’d like to revive my third grade costume and go as Woodstock, what do you think?

October 6, 2017 at 5:16 am
  • Reply Sara Stevens

I do have to admit, I am waiting for my kids to get older. I really, really want to do creepy and scary costumes. I have one waiting for me. It is a zipper face!

October 2, 2017 at 6:22 am
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

Yikes!

October 6, 2017 at 5:17 am
  • Reply Lisa N.

I’m usually a mom in jeans! I have tried many times to have a family theme or at least my hubby & i dress up as something together, but it just never seems to get pulled off. Yet again, I have come up with something “simple”, we’ll see if I actually make it happen this year.

October 3, 2017 at 3:29 am
  • Reply Heather Webster

So while the kids still think I should be in jeans because I’m “mom” and obviously can’t be anything else. However the “family costume” theme will be carried out with our dog going as TNT with a Minecraft theme. So far I have an order for a Creeper costume for my son, a TNT costume for his dog, and an Ender Dragon costume for my daughter . Even with all that costme making I’m still a in jeans. 🙂

October 4, 2017 at 10:18 pm
    • Reply Katrina Sherk

My son would be wild for that! Loves Minecraft.

I can’t wait to see pictures of your Halloween! Especially the TNT costume for the pup!

October 6, 2017 at 5:17 am
      • Reply Heather Webster

Will do. Thankfully my son’s Labrador is very easy going and puts ups with a lot. She has worn everything from Chewy and other Star Wars themed outfits to Tutus and boas to assist my daughter with a dance performance.

October 6, 2017 at 4:54 pm